Who isn’t a fan of cheesy nachos? But if you want to add a serious upgrade to this Mexican finger food, try adding some delicious shrimp.
- 1 package fresh corn tortillas
- 4 ounces cooked frozen shrimp
- 2 cups grated cheddar, Jack, or other mild cheese
- 1 & ½ cups well-seasoned cooked red, pink, or kidney beans
- Chopped scallions (optional)
- Chopped jalapeño chilies (optional)
- 1 cup Fresh Tomato or Fruit Salsa
Ideas for Topping Nachos
Use any of these alone or in combination.
- Chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
- Chopped tomato
- Minced fresh jalapeño or Serrano chili
- Chopped black olives
- Chopped red onion or scallion
For the chips
Preheat a fryer to 350 degrees. Cut tortillas into wedges. Deep fry in batches, gently stirring to insure the
chips aren’t sticking together. Remove to a bowl lined with paper towels, salt immediately.
For the shrimp
Toss the cooked shrimp with lime and oil, grill quickly to char.
For the salsa
In a blender puree;
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 4-6 sprigs cilantro
Add onion, jalapeño, cumin